The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• New website

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#11012  by DaveCalderwood
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:53 am
Hi

As you can see we have European Luscombes up and running again. The forum is running new software and a design which is 'responsive', meaning it will adapt to whatever the screen size is. You should be able to read it on a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer.

Hopefully (and I'm still checking) all of the old material has been imported from the old site. So should the log-in names and passwords but the real test of that will be you - members of European Luscombes!

We've lost the .uk suffix from the end of the URL - seems right for a site calling itself European! And we've also gained some pages for standing material. That's pretty thin at the moment but we'll add to it over time.

Please feel free to suggest items, report bugs, contribute etc!

Cheers, Dave
 #11013  by Mike Cross
 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:41 am
Well my login works for one. Well done Dave and many thanks.
 #11014  by Nige
 Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:14 am
I just can't can't thank Dave enough for spending the time and making a fantastic job of rescuing the Luscombe website from a very long term problem. Brilliant Dave and my personal thanks for so much time and hard work spent in your very busy schedule!
The site has much more enhanced security ( the weakness in the old system) and should keep out all but the determined idiots who have nothing better to do... :evil: looks much more up to date and back in the modern world!
So, let's take this opportunity to inject some greater enthusiasm into the Luscombe community in the UK and try to make a go of getting together in larger groups for meetings and fly ins. :cheers2:
Look forward to hearing from the guys and girls on ideas for the future, along with their flying experiences and adding to our already extensive technical archive!
Nige Barratt. G-BRUG.
 #11015  by Phil Laycock
 Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:49 pm
That is good news ! Website looks more fresh and modern. Well done to all concerned !
 #11016  by Steve Martin
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:31 pm
Well done Dave and Nige. Site looks good and functions quickly.

Q. Can all the photos and technical data on the old site be transferred to the to this site? ( or perhaps thats been done and I just cant find it! :oops: ), and is it possible to flag up this site on the old EU site so people know to change their bookmarks. Mine came up with the old site until I binned it and re did my bookmark/favourites.

Steve
 #11017  by DaveCalderwood
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:04 pm
Hi Steve.

Thanks for the kind words. I had hoped we'd managed to import all the content from the old site but I'll check again. Some of that could go on to the main website pages where we're a bit light on material at the moment.

I did put a redirect on to the home page of europeanluscombes.org.uk so anyone who goes to that address should end up here. Perhaps your bookmark is something else.

I'm still finding the odd bug!

cheers! Dave
 #11021  by howell
 Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 pm
Wow I was so chuffed to log on to the new website it looks great, Many Thanks Dave for all your hard work.
Chris G-SAGE
 #11022  by s515519
 Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:05 pm
Hi, just to add my congratulations for the new website. A giant leap for Luscombekind. Well done and thanks to all concerned.