The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Flying at last ...!

• Somewhere for our friends in the Vintage Cessna fraternity to meet and chat.
Somewhere for our friends in the Vintage Cessna fraternity to meet and chat.

Moderator: HTB

#5508  by rightrudder
 Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:59 pm
Dear Friends,

I am so happy to report that my vintage 120 is now, finally, up and running...and flying - after a protracted 'return to flight' following rebuild after 5 years in pieces. A long list of 'rectifications' were required as well as sorting out a serious amount of engine power losses on take off have culminated in a successful return to flight, with much thanks to my new LAA inspector, who checked it over and sorted it out, making up for the errors that had been 'over-looked' by others when obtaining its permit !

Based at Sturgate, it now joins an impressive 'fleet' of 120s in Lincolnshire and the East midlands...with other examples at Wickenby, Fenland and Hucknall.

regards
Graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #5515  by CaptChaos
 Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 am
Graham, good to hear of another C120 in the air. I have a soft spot for them as I did some hour building and enjoyed the time flying around enjoying the countryside.

Cheers, Rich.
 #5530  by Nige
 Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:37 pm
Hi Graham,

Apologies for not replying earlier to your fantastic news! :D

I am so pleased that you have resolved your engine difficulties, and, even more importantly, that you have now come to the end of what was probably a relatively difficult 5 years' work. I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the Luscombe Club in saying we very much look forward to you joining us (or us joining you) at an event in 2011. As an aside to this, I'm seriously thinking about running another Cessna/Luscombe meet at Sywell in the latter part of Spring next year, based on the very successful event that I ran in 2009 (I point you to the Gallery), which was well covered in the media.

Through these coming Winter months and into early next year, I will try to encourage more discussion on the Cessna Club section of this site, and I'd be grateful if you could assist me.

I hope we can meet up at a convenient time, well wrapped up for a chat over a hot cup of tea, although I know it's difficult through the Winter months. Once again, I'm absolutely chuffed for you, and I hope the Luscombes and the Cessna 120/140 fraternity (not excluding all the Cessnas) can try and build on the gentle rapport we've established already.

Nige.