The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Badminton Fly-in 18th May 2008

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#2377  by Steve Martin
 Fri May 02, 2008 8:04 pm
Any VAC members going to the Badminton Fly-in/lunch on Sun 18th May? I am planning to go.

Its members & pre booked £5 landing & £5 per person lunch...usually very good and at one of the nicest grass strips in the UK.

Just hope we see improvements in the weather before then ! :roll:

#2403  by Steve Martin
 Thu May 15, 2008 8:02 am
Dare I say it....but...the weather is starting to look as tho' it'll be good on Sunday! :D

Anyone planning to be at Badminton :?:
 #2404  by Nige
 Thu May 15, 2008 9:04 am
Yep,

Count me in Steve! I will ignore the forcast and probably decide on the day with a phone call but it looks very promising... 8-)

Let's chat by phone. I hope others will join us, they put on a great lunch too. :D

Not long 'till the tour eveyone.. getting quite excited!! :wink:

Nige.

#2411  by Steve Martin
 Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 am
With excellent weather, Badminton yesterday was a great success :D . Many thanks Vintage Aircraft Club and the Duke of Beaufort for organising this. Many aircraft arrived, lunch was a Pig Roast, and five Luscombes visited.
G-BRUG
G-BRHY
G-BSHH
G-BTCJ
G-EITE

VAC

#2412  by Nige
 Mon May 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Yes,

Indeed the weather was very kind to us, although cold!!

I was talking to John Broad {chairman} about the logistics of having a Vintage weekend fly-in {as we've now lost the GVFW} possibly as a regional rally. I know the cost of travelling far is now a major concerne, so bringing the Vintage Rally to you might well work? Thoughts?

This would be done in conjunction with the VAC, relying on their expert organisational skills. There are so many fly-ins now that we're spoilt for choice and our numbers are being fragmented. Any opinions on this? Now that EFLEVA is taking shape, we could use the Vintage weekend to show Europe {Eurosport and EASA} that we are a powerful presence.

Nige.
 #8837  by Nige
 Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm
Er...
That was some time ago. Can you show us a couple of photos please? :scratch:
Nigel.
 #8842  by Nige
 Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:23 am
Very much hope so Chris! Keep an eye the various fly in calendars. Be good to see a few Luscombes together there! :)
Nige.
 #8846  by Steve Martin
 Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:21 am
I'll ask Steve Slater, the VAC Chairman if they are hoping to do Badminton again this year....let you know.

.....have now a reply from Steve Slater. Badminton is not being planned as a VAC fly in this year (2015)...at least not so far. :cry: