The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Luscombe fly in, Lee on Solent. 15th April.

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#9350  by Nige
 Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:11 pm
Terry Coombes, Chairman and the Lee team have now finalised on the dedicated Luscombe flying at Lee on Solent.
The date is Sat 15th April. This a fab opportunity to welcome our Luscombes into what will be a stunning Summer :sunny: and a great way to support the 'rescue' of an important and significant airfield in the South. (God, how many are we losing and under threat!!)
The plan is to park beside B hanger, on the grass and the overflow will be beside the Tower with transport available. Taxi E1 may be used also.
Food, hot and fresh, is free but Contributions will be most welcome, going to a good cause.
This is not a public event. I hope many of you can support this, weather providing of course. See you all there! :lol: ps, no mention of PPR, as it would easier if we can just fly in being a Luscombe anyway :wink:

Nige.
 #9419  by Nige
 Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:34 am
Just a reminder to you all the Lee Luscombe fly in is taking place this Sat, 15th April.
Weather looks promising and I intend to be there for the lunchtime, arriving around 11am.
I hope we can make a suitable effort as Lee is trying very hard to keep light aviation going and this is a genuine warm invitation to us chaps and lasses.

Nige.
 #9423  by Biffo
 Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm
I'll be there with Richard around 11.30. Popped in there on Wednesday in MI to do an interestingly baroque landing on 23 courtesy of a sporting crosswind and my finely honed Tarmac ineptitude! Didn't even think to ask if the grass gliding strip was available (stupid boy). Looking forward to it! Duncan
 #9424  by Nige
 Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:20 am
PPR as normal on the day. Pay the landing fee with our friends at the Lee association. NOT the tower. 01329, 824748. (Tower).

See you all there! Nige.
 #9427  by Nige
 Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:55 am
My thanks to Terry, the wives and the Lee Association for putting on a splendid, sociable and very food filling occasion yesterday. A lot of effort went into it and the weather was most kind, if a little cool. Met up other pilots and friends and we enjoyed a great deal of 'banter'! :)
Only 4 Luscombes turned up, most disappointing considering the effort that goes into these invitations.

Nigel.