The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• 2017 Vintage Sundays at Old Sarum - 5 Mar

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#9341  by Old Sarum
 Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 pm
As you may have seen, this year we have relaunched our Vintage Sundays.

These events will take place on the first Sunday of every month - initially through to April. They're open to anyone who wants to fly in, but there are free landings for pre-1966 aircraft ... which should please you! If you have a vintage or classic car or motorbike, we also have a dedicated parking area. No booking necessary, just turn up!

The initial dates are:
(1 January)
(5 February)
5 March
2 April

Pilots - remember to bring your logbook for our centenary commemorative stamp.
(I would insert a photo, but I can't work out how to resize - [rimg] tags don't seem to work...)

Information on events at Old Sarum can be found on our website: http://www.oldsarumairfield.co.uk/events/
Last edited by Old Sarum on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #9343  by Nige
 Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:01 am
Thanks Annabel.
Good news and we pray for good weather for those dates and beyond! I'll also ride up one one of my vintage motorbikes in late a spring and in Summer too! :shock:
I hope we can take advantage of the free landing fee and get around the table like the old days! :lol:

Nige.
 #9345  by Old Sarum
 Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:32 pm
Rob... I don't!
I've posted on a few forums - aviation and car - and Twitter.
Flyer have been great, but PPRuNe instantly delete anything I've put up (as OS or as AB - I guess they found me out) as they call it 'pure marketing' and can't see that it has value for their readers. Nothing stopping a third party posting there though... A couple of the other forums I'd like to let know (eg BMAA) are member-only.
If you've specific thoughts on where else to spread the word, I'd love to know. :)

Nige... vintage motorbikes? Oooooohhhh! What yer got?
 #9346  by Nige
 Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:58 pm
Er, well,
I'm the proud owner of a 1966 Tr6 Trophy, also a 1969 Tr6 Trophy ' C' model (with the 2 pipes on one side). These 2 are beauties. A very 'perky' Tiger 100. A 1965 Honda CB 450 Bomber, 1969 Honda CB 450 K1 (next model year). And a 1973 Honda 750 four in Gold. Again beauties. Been restoring and collecting these over the years. Lucky me! You like bikes then?
At Old Sarum today training but with broken PA28. :cry: got it back to BOH eventually.. Cold and windy! Heh Ho..
Will put the word out for the 5th of course.

Nige.
 #9347  by Old Sarum
 Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:17 am
Good grief! At least they don't take up as much garage space as cars. Even Midgets! (MG, not human)

I do like bikes, but know very little about them. It's any old engineering really. I even have a proper analogue watch. In another life I'd quite like a Bonneville (I know it's a bit clichéd) - but the UK roads are too busy/potholed for comfort.
 #9348  by Robert Lees
 Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 pm
Old Sarum wrote:Rob... I don't!
I've posted on a few forums - aviation and car - and Twitter.
Flyer have been great, ...?

I don't see anything on the Flyer "Fly-ins" page...I just wondered if you had forgotten about that?

Rob
 #9349  by Old Sarum
 Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:47 pm
Nope - you're just not looking hard enough. :wink:

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=102753

Seriously though - thank you for looking out for me. Much appreciated! And if you can think of any other places I might try...
(Already on UKGA, EuroGA and Key Publishing as well as a few classic car places...not too many though just yet, as car parking space is limited).