The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Old Sarum - New Year's Day fly-in & films

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#9324  by Old Sarum
 Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:31 am
Hi all,

2017 is Old Sarum's centenary year, so we thought we should kick it off with a bit of an event on New Year's Day. OK, two events.

We would love to see some Luscombes and there's a lot of grass to fill. Take that as a challenge!

Full details of the New Year Fly-In and Films and the relaunch of our Vintage Sundays on our website...

Annabel
Last edited by Old Sarum on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #9325  by Nige
 Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:53 am
Certainly count me in in BRUG! :)
Any other takers? Mince pies, good grub and flying chat - can't be bad.. :sign3:

Nige.
 #9328  by Old Sarum
 Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:15 pm
Nige wrote:Certainly count me in in BRUG!.

Excellent! That's two of us, then. :wink:

(Actually, a few people at Flyer Live said they're intending to come. It would be great to see the place packed out.)

Annabel
 #9329  by Nige
 Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:38 am
I'll put the word about.
I use Old Sarum a great deal whilst training my students, 5 in the last 10 days and will encourage them to pay a visit if possible.
We have a least 6 local (within 20 miles) Luscombes to OS, so, weather providing, 3 of these may well turn up. Fingers crossed!

Nige.
 #9330  by Old Sarum
 Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:25 pm
If it's useful for sharing purposes, I've created Facebook events for both. It does seem to make a difference if people see that others are intending to turn up.

That Steve Martin bloke should definitely come. He still owes me a flight. :wink:

If you see me next time you're at OS, say hi!
 #9333  by Old Sarum
 Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 am
Sorry to hear about Jan - pass on my best.
How about we organise a Luscombe fly-in around March/April (ish) to celebrate you getting yourself back in the air?

Happy Christmas to you both in return!
 #9336  by Nige
 Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:09 am
Happy New Year to you all.
The weather isn't a happy one though! :cry: I'm based on the same ridge as Compton Abbas and shrouded in mist. Not looking too promising sadly. I need to get back in! Pity it wasn't yesterday.. :sunny:
I may drive up as long as others are making an effort?

Nige.
 #9337  by Old Sarum
 Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:15 pm
There are a few people around, the BDAC is open (their normal fees apply) and they've got some visitors too.

Shame I can't control the weather ... :cry:

But I can give you free overnight parking, if that helps?

Annabel
 #9338  by Nige
 Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:06 pm
Thanks.
Well, the weather has taken control yet again.. :mad3:
I look forward to another try in the near future! :sunny:

Nige.
 #9340  by Keith Old
 Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 am
Hi all
Had a great flight 2 Jan and made it up to almost 5000 ft over Lyneham in perfect vis , then dropped into Brimpton ( nobody home)
We should plan a Sunday lunch run maybe March ? Croft Farm or Clutton Farm - whichever pub is closest !!
Happy new Year
Keith GBSSA