The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Brimpton's Summer fly in 5 June.

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#9198  by Nige
 Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:52 am
Hi all.
I'm heading up to Brimpton at 10.30 in BRUG tomorrow, Sun the 5th June to relax and 'just take it all in'... :)
It's a lovely airfield and event. Hope to bump into a few of perhaps.. Weather looks fab! :sunny:

Nige.
 #9200  by Keith Old
 Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:20 pm
Saw Nigel ( briefly ) at Brimpton before he departed ... lucky for him just before the various dramas descended on the field ( see reports elsewhere). Linda and I were there for about 4 hours before we got away just before 6.30 pm. Richard was also there in Luscombe 'HY and had to get back to Chester .
On another note , I had a call yesterday evening from Waltham Ops to tell me that the "donglers" ( ground crew) had hit the hangar door with SA's wing when putting her away ... I can't get to the field until tomorrow to see what the damage is... hanger rash ..ho hum
Keith
 #9201  by Nige
 Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm
Lovely to see you both, albeit briefly Keith! Dave and myself wanted to do a formation departure ASAP. Just as well! I really hope this doesn't impact on Brimpton - a really lovely place and fab fly in.
How is Septic? (SA) bloody idiots! :cry:

Nige.
 #9202  by Keith Old
 Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:31 am
It was small "V" shaped ding to the leading edge . WW Engineering had dressed it out fixed it and re-sprayed the area before I had to do anything .....
 #9204  by Nige
 Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:27 pm
Ah, good oh Keith. Hanger rash, the scourge of our precious aircraft... :scratch:

Nige.
 #9205  by Robert Lees
 Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:48 pm
Keith Old wrote:It was small "V" shaped ding to the leading edge . WW Engineering had dressed it out fixed it and re-sprayed the area before I had to do anything .....

I assume "WW Engineering" have approached the LAA for the repair approval?

Rob