The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• BRUG & other Luscombe's' 70th (ish) Birthday party!

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#9243  by ClearOfCloud
 Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:14 pm
Not sure Steve. Depends on lots of things not least of all the Wx. It's always tricky to get a window that will get me from the West of Ireland into England and back !!

I was so looking forward to catching up with you all.
 #9245  by Nige
 Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:58 am
Never easy Dave. A pity. we seem to be blessed with fab weather further East. Hope we see you one or more days in the next couple of years as it's been a long time. Cheers.

Nige.
 #9247  by ClearOfCloud
 Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:18 pm
Thanks Nige. Properly scudded in here this morning anyway. Obviously, not a factor this time because of Wx but if 'EH had another 70-80 miles of range it would make the crossing planning a little easier.

Haven't made a UK trip in the Luscombe this year (though had a couple of happy hours in an Extra in Cambridge) but will certainly be back over again !!

Lots a pictures from the meet-up please :-)

David
 #9248  by Rob Swain
 Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:36 pm
Thanks to both Nigel and Steph for organising a great weekend. :cheers:

Fiona and I got back to the Welsh borders OK. Glad we didn't leave it too much later though.

Hope everyone got home safely!
 #9250  by Vic
 Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:37 pm
Thank you very much Nigel and Steph for organising this meet up, I really enjoyed it. :cheers:

The last Luscombe fly-in I came to was in 2006 at Oaksey and I didn't have a Luscombe and didn't know I would own one 7 years later !!!

Here is a little video I made :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yor5RvLZpiM&feature=youtu.be
 #9251  by Nige
 Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:50 pm
Awww, thanks guys and to those for their texts also. Brilliant Vic and lovely to see you all! It can be done guys and missed those days...

Nige.
 #9254  by Keith Old
 Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:19 pm
...and thanks from me for a jolly time
My 1000hrs and 20 minutes landing at Sywell was a bit rubbish - a float and a drop , but my 1001 hours landing back at White Waltham was a real greaser ( ahhh but nobody saw that .. )

Keith GBSSA
 #9256  by Nige
 Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Steph has set up a page in the gallery section so please be free to stick just a few pickiest in there recording the event. The last were done in 2012!!? Cheers.
Nige.
 #9258  by Nige
 Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:33 am
I believe Rob is putting a trip to the new restaurant at Sandown together? 6th August is the American Classic fly in at Goodwodd. I should be there and look forward to it! :lol:
Nige.
 #9260  by Nige
 Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 am
Come on chaps! Let's have some photos in the gallery section.. :lol: this was probably a one off and it would be nice to record it in style. Steph is away at the moment but she has a few to stick on there when back from the Ilse of Man.
Nige.