The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• BRUG & other Luscombe's' 70th (ish) Birthday party!

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#9139  by Florian
 Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:00 am
Andy,

thanks a lot. I saw it. I will mail you in a couple of days.

Florian
 #9163  by Nige
 Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am
Well done Jeff!
Look forward to meeting up with you on the day. Most of the guys will be arriving during the afternoon.
This event will be covered by the LAA now and a 'plug' goes in the mag etc in the June issue.
Several none Luscombites will be flying in also. Seems to b gathering momentum this... :shock:

Nige.
 #9169  by Nige
 Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:50 am
As of the 1st May there are 7 rooms left at the Avaiator. That number will fluctuate/decrease as time goes on and others, not involved with our event, may cancel.
Please pass the word to out Luscombe and friends brethren as I supspect this may be the last big Luscombe gathering for a long time. Please, someone prove me wrong in due course! :shock:

Nige.
 #9220  by Vic
 Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:26 am
Hi all, I've not been paying attention to the forum for a while and it was the notification in the LAA mag where I saw the invitation to the best fly-in of all time.
G-BSYF has just had a permit at 70 years old and wants to celebrate!!!

I don't know if i can pull off an over night stay but we'll see. Murray Flint in in G-AJAP (also 70 within a few weeks of mine) intends coming too :lol: :cheers2:
 #9223  by Nige
 Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:20 am
Hi Vic. This is really the only way I can reach out to all the Luscombe owner/pilots. With a gentle push, the LAA is very keen to support this and hence the short article. It seems to be working as I believe there is around 15 Luscombes attending and 30 people enjoying the afternoon and evening up to this point. Let's see. Look forward to meeting up with you chaps once again! :cheers2:

Nige.
 #9225  by Nige
 Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:20 am
Ok Steve, noted thanks and look forward to meeting them too.
On the subject of dinner, due to a wedding taking place in the function room, I am trying to organise with the chef a limited menu to help him and the team to cope with demand, taking place in the dining room as we have done in the past. Should be fine and it's not far from the bar to boot! :cheers2:
Those flying in in Luscombes will park in a line adjacent to the car park in front of the club house/bar/ front lawn. BRUG and ourselves will arrive around lunchtime to plan all this for a one off photo shoot.
It's looking like around 30 people will attend, approximately 15 Luscombes - weather providing. :sunny:

Nige.
 #9240  by Rob Swain
 Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:34 am
There is one room left.

Fiona & I just booked.

I hope an RV will be welcome, or are Fiona and I having a romantic dinner for two?