The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• VAC bonus day Duxford May 17th 2015

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#8855  by Steve Martin
 Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:02 am
Most will have received an email from Pete White about this, but for those who have not, here it is:

Hi All,

Tom Turner, the airfield manager at Duxford, has contacted me offering a Club visit for the Aeronca Club or the US Classics as a whole, to one of their ‘Bonus Days’, where the benefits would be:

· £ 7 landing fee
· Use of the Pilots Briefing Lounge
· Free admission to the museum
· Guided tours

Also Lectures / Presentations on various subjects can be arranged.

Dinner / Lunches can also be organised.

Unfortunately, due to a very busy 2015 calendar ahead of us, I was not able to find a suitable date that suited everyone concerned for this year.

However all is not lost as I feel it would be fitting for all the US Classics flyers to support The Vintage Aircraft Club (VAC) at their ‘Bonus Day’ visit to Duxford on Sunday May 17th 2015.

Most of us are VAC members anyway but for those that are not it would be an ideal opportunity to find out more about the work being done by the VAC and how important it is to be involved if you fly vintage and classic aeroplanes.

See you all there...

All the best

Pete White

What a good excuse for a Luscombe meet :lol: Anyone hoping to go? We are.
 #8856  by Nige
 Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:28 am
Will try to make this one. Looks like a good deal and should attract a fair number. Well hope so! :shock:
Nige.
 #8865  by Vic
 Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:01 pm
I will most definately try to get to this one. Engine should just about be up to temperature by the time I get there to land :lol:
 #8946  by Tom
 Tue May 12, 2015 7:08 pm
Hi

Is anyone still planing on going to this event?

Tom
 #8953  by agp
 Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm
AKUH flew in to Duxford and also to the previous VAC meeting at Turweston. On both occasions (at least until I left) UH was the only Luscombe.
Btw what is the yellow arc range for an 8E, my ASI doesn't have that marked.

Alan