The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Sandown 6thDec.

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#8776  by Nige
 Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:51 am
Fab weather today! :sunny: Classic ridge of High Pressure but chilly!
Short notice I know but James and myself are heading over to Sandown in 2 a/c to enjoy a lunch in their newish restaurant by the tower. :lol: wondered if anyone else might be interested in joining us?

Very quiet these days... Nige.
 #8778  by howell
 Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 pm
I trust you both enjoyed an excellent day.
Very quiet, my excuse is work and more work, lots of bills to pay.
Chris G-SAGE
 #8779  by Nige
 Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:41 am
Indeed Chris.
A lovely day out and Brug was purring along nicely. James also enjoyed the day with interesting air to air shots! :shock:
A shame that notams still advertised the airfield being closed as the website should have been updated 2 days previously to reflect PPR with the runway open. Should one check the status of the Sandown in future and it's notam'd runway closed, it might be worth phoning the tower as numbers were, I suspect and sadly, well down on such a lovely day. The cafe is cute but wrap up if the previous night was chilly! :shock: thank God it's there and Sandown has been saved - we're losing enough airfields as it is!! It's also lovely on a warm sunny day sat outside. :sunny:

Nige.
 #8780  by howell
 Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 am
Looking forward to those air to air photographs.
Chris.
 #8782  by howell
 Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:55 pm
Wow how beautiful G-BRUG looks, what superb weather for a flight and a photograph session.
Chris G-SAGE