The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• LAA Rally Booking Slots now open

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#8656  by Vic
 Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:02 am
I'm driving in with the family most likely on the Saturday :sunny:
 #8657  by Rob Swain
 Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:08 am
I'm going.
I have slots for all 3 days so covered for weather.
I'm intending to camp overnight at least one night, but not sure which yet.
 #8670  by Nige
 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45 pm
I shan't be there, but I hope the weather is kind (??) to you all. Have fun! :lol:

Nige.
 #8673  by agp
 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 am
Hi all,

Are there any plans for meeting up sometime over the weekend as I would like to talk Luscombes with the group. I am still waiting for UH to be finished (was due to be flying end of March 2014 :cry: ).

Regards,

Alan
 #8674  by Steve Martin
 Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm
Alan,
Plans are a bit fluid at the moment because of the weather.....but if it stays flyable a number of us will be there all Saturday and at the evening dinner/entertainment. Give us a ring on my mobile no: when you get there or txt me.
 #8675  by Neil
 Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 am
Dear All, G-BTJA and myself will be at the LAA Rally camping Friday to Sunday, tho' if weather is forecast better on Thursday, will fly in early.

Having only owned 'JA for a few weeks and around 15 hours flying, would be great to meet up with any other Luscombe owners. I have taken note of Steve's mobile number in previous post.

Neil Wildey (07445317515)
 #8678  by Steve Martin
 Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 am
We arrived at Sywell just behind G-LUSK (Phil & Lorraine) on Friday afternoon in rather gusty weather. Luckily by Sunday's departure the weather had improved considerably. I counted 8 Luscombes: there may have been others I didnt see. A number of us had dinner in The Aviator together on Saturday evening and then crowded into the hangar for the evenings entertainment.Tom & Linda (KB) of course were there and somehow found a way through the Manchester weather. Mike & Bim stayed for the evening on Saturday. Rob Dyer was there Sunday and now has a share in Mark's Luscombe. Rob Swain was there in his RV. Cliff Lovell came too. Good to meet Neil (BTJA) and to catch up with everyone else. Vic and family also drove in. To cap it all we nicked some LAA silver (the credit is really due to Pete Bush for the superb restoration of OB). Pete drove in from Wales (6 1/2hrs :shock: as the Welsh weather was v.poor). A great Rally with many aircraft even though the weather reduced numbers a little.

Alan: I picked up your message but the Vodafone signal would not allow me to reply...sorry....but hope we can meet up soon.

We missed the Lancs flypast on Sunday :cry:
 #8679  by Rob Swain
 Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 am
As Steve has posted a fun time was had by all.

So Pete drove in - I wondered where BROO was, but didn't get round to asking!

Thankyou to the dining party on saturday night for letting me gate-crash.

Apologies for disappearing on Sunday without any farewells - I had a call from some fellow Sleap residents and we all went down to Bembridge for the afternoon. The weather was a beautiful down there :sunny: . G-NIGE flew in as well, but I didn't get a chance for a chat.
 #8680  by Rob Dyer
 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 pm
Hi all,

Yep scary flying in non radio, but also quite peaceful. So I am back in a Luscombe and it fits like a glove (albeit a metal 572 kg glove).

Strange, got in after four years and just took off as if it were yesterday and it was a full flight test for permit. Having said that, swinging the prop again was a bit of a tense moment... And 110 mph feels a bit slow... So testing done, permit back and now just need to get my silly radio to work.

See you all soon.
 #8681  by Rob Dyer
 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 pm
Must add... Did you see the old boy starting the radial outside the home builders tent entrance? Now that was scary, even I with my dubious approach to H&S and several scars shuddered at that.
 #8682  by Vic
 Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:06 am
Well done Steve for picking up a medal ! - a worthy winner indeed :)
Good to see you and Jan again and great to see so many Luscombes!
I'm looking for a mod to make my 8E into a two and a half seater then I can fly in next time :lol: