The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Atomic Festival Sywell 2-3rd May 2015

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#8910  by Nige
 Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:39 am
Well,
I've booked us a room at the Western hotel, 01604 739955. 5 miles from SYWELL and £65.00 for a twin. They have a couple of rooms spare and we're happy to share a taxi? I've only just secured my leave for that weekend, pain! We're all booked in and tickets secured for collection on arrival. :)
Hot dogs and beer! Looking forward to meeting you guys in just over 4 weeks! :cheers2: (:sunny: I hope!)

Nige.
 #8929  by Tom
 Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:39 am
Hi All

Really enjoyed last year! Steve and Pete made a good effort with their 50's clothes!!

See you there

Tom
 #8937  by Vic
 Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:44 am
Myself BSYF and Murray GJAP are booked into the Premier Inn Gt Billing 5 miles away ( separate rooms :lol: )

I've rung Sywell a couple of times to check no booking slots required, which is correct but there are resitrictions. You need to be on the ground by 11am. I've arranged my PPR for 10:30.

Not sure if I've got any period clothing .....plenty of old clothing :)

:cheers2: :cheers2:
 #8939  by Nige
 Sat May 02, 2015 6:59 am
Sadly the weather forcast has persuaded me to cancel my room and taxi re Atomic. Typical Bank holiday weather! The timing is unbelievable, the third weekend of crap weather with lovely weather in between!!?? :mad3: for those still going I suspect the worst of the weather will appear late afternoon/evening, it's just flying through it there and back - apart from the brollie needed when there!
I hope some of us can get together at least once this bloody Summer! :cry:
Nige.
 #8941  by Vic
 Sat May 02, 2015 6:04 pm
Same here.
Not been in a good mood today :evil:

I've got my fingers crossed for the VAC at Duxford May 17th
 #8943  by Pete Bush
 Thu May 07, 2015 9:54 am
Well the weather gods were good to us for the ATOMIC do at Sywell and both Saturday and Sunday were dry with good flying conditions, despite the forecast!! The rain was very obliging and fell Saturday night.

Only two aircraft turned up but both Luscombes...G-AJKB and G-BROO. Great weekend with a fantastic atmosphere and all for the price of a landing fee!!
 #8945  by Tom
 Tue May 12, 2015 7:04 pm
Great weekend, lovely to meet up again, weather was ok both days!

Congratulations to Pete for winning Best dressed 50's pensioner 2nd year on the trot!!

:lol: