The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Atomic Festival Sywell 2-3rd May 2015

• Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.
Humourous and interesting stories, including reports on any events you may have organised or visited.

Moderator: HTB

#8478  by Steve Martin
 Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 am
I spoke to Sywell Tower on Friday who asked that anyone going to this event PPR them this week as they are not doing landing slots........they did say that one or t'other runway may be closed at certain times to allow car racing etc..... So ring the Tower . Those not booked need to book with the event organisers. If you fly in there is a landing fee to pay but the event entry is free ( if you fly in) but need to obtain tickets which can be held in the Tower for you. 8-)
Last edited by Steve Martin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #8482  by Steve Martin
 Mon May 05, 2014 6:33 am
Well if you wanted a 1940's/1950's American atmosphere with :mad1: hot rod cars racing, rock 'n roll, country music of all types, roller skating, rows of beautifully restored cars ,drive in movie, and piper cub landing on moving deck, then Sywell was the place to go. Numerous stalls great weather and ....four 1940's American Luscombe Silvaires lined up. BROO,AJKB, LUSK, and BWOB .Thanks Pete & Trevina (BROO) for bringing this one to our attention and doing the organising :cheers2:
If they repeat this event next year it would be great to see an All American vintage fly-in as part of it.
 #8750  by Phil Laycock
 Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:17 pm
If they repeat this event next year it would be great to see an All American vintage fly-in as part of it.

2015 event is again at Sywell and held on 2nd and 3rd May 2015

Free entry for pre 1963 aircraft and crew

http://www.atomicfestival.co.uk/tickets/

A bit different to your usual Fly-In events with a great mix of Music , 1950s Fashion and Cars .....would be great to see a good level of support by the Vintage aircraft Community ....if it is like this year it will be a great kick off for the Fly-In season !
 #8751  by Nige
 Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 am
I can at last start attending some off these events at long last! Should be fun this one! :lol:

Nige.
 #8763  by Vic
 Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:13 pm
I hope to be there probably just for one day, see nearer the time. I always feel like I'm missing out with the evening entertainment on these type, two day events. The Sywell Classic Pistons & Props was great this year too.

:cheers2:
 #8764  by mint
 Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:08 pm
Vic wrote:I hope to be there probably just for one day, see nearer the time. I always feel like I'm missing out with the evening entertainment on these type, two day events. The Sywell Classic Pistons & Props was great this year too.

:cheers2:

You'er dead right there Uncle Vic, what a day ! shame only two Luscombes turned up :scratch:
 #8765  by Vic
 Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:13 pm
I think having checked the ticket prices I'll opt out of this one.

£37 per day – Early Bird tickets – until 31st December
£40 per day – Advance
£44 per day – On the gate

Under 16s – FREE

CAMPING PRICES – FOR STANDARD PITCHES
Sywell Aerodrome – £45 per pitch (for the weekend)

Classic Pistons & Props was a similar event and only £18 + free landing???? :scratch:
 #8767  by Vic
 Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:03 pm
Thanks Steve, you're right of course!

I've booked in, both days with camping!! :lol:
 #8770  by Vic
 Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:47 pm
'Mint' Murray Flint, G-AJAP has booked in too and we are both booked in at the Premier Inn Sat night, Northampton Gt Billing which is 5 miles away. :cheers2:
 #8873  by Phil Laycock
 Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:49 pm
The publicity blurb for Atomic 2015 arrived by post today.. Same as last year, Pick up entry tickets upon arrival . Have to book arrival slot with Sywell ATC.

Anyone else confirming going ?
 #8874  by Vic
 Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:40 pm
Yes I got the paperwork too and looked at the prices and remembered it's free!! :lol:

booked in at the Premier Inn Sat night, Northampton Gt Billing which is 5 miles away