The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Aileron Control Cables

• Technical Chat Tips and Advice, including flying the Luscombe
Technical Chat Tips and Advice, including flying the Luscombe

Moderator: HTB

#3454  by Pete Bush
 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:38 pm
Hi Steve,

not too keen to reply on here but give me a ring and I am sure we can sort it out.

Pete B.
 #3465  by Pete Bush
 Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:39 pm
That’s good Steve, if the cable turns out to be too short you can always try a 'long' RH fork end, unfortunately I do not have a spare one.

Let me know how you get on, maybe see you at Turweston.

Pete
 #3466  by Rob Swain
 Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:02 pm
Nige wrote:He estimates approximately 3 hours, with my help {??} to complete the job.

Does the (??) imply that he could do it in about 2 hours without your help? :lol:
 #3493  by Steve Martin
 Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:36 pm
Just to conclude. My aileron cables are now signed off...phew!...If you are ordering cables from Univair just make sure you tell them which screw thread you need...either right or left...it could save a whole lot of time !! Alternatively get them made up in the UK. We got there in the end..... and thanks for all the help Pete & Tony.
 #3497  by Nige
 Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:09 am
Following up on Steve's thread.

My right aileron cable was replaced in under three hours, {even with my help!} and was a wonder to see my engineer's clever system at work. A slight re-rig too and was promptly signed off for another year. :D

To save all the hassle that Steve and other's have or will have in the future my Engineer, Graham, based at Chilbolten, Nr Andover/Middle Wallop, is quite happy to replace yours whilst you wait. He was, along with Cliff Lovell,responsible for replacing hunderds of cables as the 50/06 or so imported Luscombes arrived in the country back in the late 80's. A lovely chap. Just give me a call/email me. Fly in and fly out.. :shock:

Nige.
 #9746  by PeterB
 Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:37 am
Nine years later and Univair still have the wrong (tto short) cable listed under the correct part number.... I have exactly the same problem.

I'm going to flag it with the FAA as these are certified parts in the USA...
 #9773  by Nige
 Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:50 pm
Oh Dear Pete.
Thought all but a very few of these problems had been ironed out.
Good luck and keen to hear how you get on?

Nige.