The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Luscombe Door Window.

• Technical Chat Tips and Advice, including flying the Luscombe
Technical Chat Tips and Advice, including flying the Luscombe

Moderator: HTB

#9720  by howell
 Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 am
On my Luscombe 8A the left hand door has an opening window, I would like to make the same on the right hand door which is presently a fixed section of perspex, one thought was that there maybe out there a window frame or suitable old door which I could make use of the window frame.
The alternative is to make a frame that replicates the window frame in the left hand opening window and fitting it to the right hand door.
Any and all feedback would be welcome.
Chris G-SAGE Bolt Head Airfield.
 #9726  by howell
 Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 pm
I have now made a window frame, I have all the parts now including new Perspex and the trim.
Looking forward to putting it all together.
Chris G-SAGE
 #9728  by Nige
 Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:00 pm
Well done Chris!
That is a good mod for your model. Always thoroughly recommend it on Luscombes.
Are we going to see you nearer to the East next year? :shock:

Nige.
 #9729  by howell
 Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:15 pm
Hope to catch up with you all Nige, we have had a lot going on at Bolt Head this year, runway now 10 metres wider, we now have numbers on the runway which has been a steep learning curve !! mains electric in the hangar and early in the new year we will have avgas.
Wishing you all the Best for the Festive Season.
Chris.
 #9732  by Nige
 Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:46 am
Well done Chris!
Maybe a visit and stop over for some is on the books in 2018 so view you and the team's hard work. :)

Nige.
 #9734  by howell
 Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 am
You would all be more than welcome, loads of parking and some under cover parking if needed, camping and accommodation nearby.
Chris.
 #9736  by Nige
 Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 pm
Cheers Chris! :)
 #9758  by howell
 Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:34 pm
New passenger opening window complete now, and while the prop was away for refurbishment and balancing at Hercules I decided to replace the Perspex on the drivers side window, this is now complete and awaiting a spell of dry weather to allow a test flight, airfield has been out of action for some weeks following a heavy landing by a DA 40 which is still with us !!
Chris G-SAGE