The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Anticollision light

• Technical Chat Tips and Advice, including flying the Luscombe
Technical Chat Tips and Advice, including flying the Luscombe

Moderator: HTB

#9685  by RichD
 Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 am
Hi all

I purchased G-BSOX this summer and am in the process of stripping and repaying it her. I've found wiring for an anticollision light/rotating beacon but the beacon itself isn't fitted. Has anyone fitted one to their Luscombe or can someone recommend a suitable unit please. Many thanks
 #9694  by Nige
 Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:36 am
Hello Richard.
Welcome to the Luscombe site and congratulations on owning your new Luscombe. I've flown her quite a bit in the past and she goes well with that 'big' engine!
I'm sure you'll get feedback re the light soon. If not, I'll chase it up but there are many options for anti col lights. LAS can supply you? Depends where you want to fit it/ them? Wings, belly, or tail? Just googling aircraft ant col lights provides numerous options. Beware, some of the wing strobe light kits can significantly add to the a/c weight. Fitting just to the tail is always helpful in moving the c of g rearwards a tad, not a bad thing really. Good luck with the painting ( she desperately needed it!) and let us know if we can help further. Would you like to meet up at some point?
Where are based? Have you flown tailwheel before?

Nige. G-BRUG. Moderator.