The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Ophelia

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9701  by cpdavey2
 Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 am
I have just read elsewhere that somebody's hangar in the West of Ireland has a tree resting on it, and there is a Luscombe trapped inside. First, is everybody okay? Secondly, is the Luscombe okay?
 #9702  by ClearOfCloud
 Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:14 pm
Miraculously, not even a paint scratch to any aeroplane and all were easily & safely rolled out the hangar doors. Several hours of October sunshine, two-stroke chainsaw snarling, and much man-handling and the tree has been removed !! Healing the hangar will be a little slower but plans are already afoot !!

The Luscombe is safe and well and got a quick hop yesterday !!
 #9703  by cpdavey2
 Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 am
As you say there, that's grand! I had visions of flattened aeroplanes. And now you have another Luscombe in town as I believe Nige managed to deliver BWOB safely during the week.

It does sound as if it was grim. My friends in Westmeath lost power late morning and were without until the following day. Now "Brian" is heading this way; kite flying anyone? :lol:
 #9704  by ClearOfCloud
 Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am
I moved 'EH to BWOB's new base while Nige was there giving the new owner a checkout. It was nice to compare and contrast the two machines once they had finished for the evening.

We lost power here for a few hours but as soon as I had the little Trangia camping stove boiling water for tea the power came back. Tomorrow could be quite unpleasant though with a lot of rain accompanying the wind. I think, once again, the southern half of the country may be worst affected.
 #9708  by Keith Old
 Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:22 am
Glad to hear that BWOB has a new home
On that note I would like to offer a big THANK YOU to OB's previous owner , Steve Martin , and all the input he has had with helping to organise past Luscombe rallies and tours and hosting us at his strip ( Steve sorry I didn't not find the time to fly with you before OB left .. times flies faster than a Luscombe) . I hope we can still meet up at future gatherings
Keith / GBSSA
 #9717  by Nige
 Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 am
We won't let Steve off the hook that easily!! :wink:
Keep in touch Steve and a hug to Jan.

Nige.