The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Greetings from across the pond ontario Canada

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9698  by Stampe47
 Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:00 am
Hey it's rick , caledonia ont which only a few miles from Hamilton Ont . I have just sold my Stampe sv4b and purchased a 47 luscombe 8e . after forty years of open cockpit flying in various biplanes and warbirds, I now have a beautiful aircraft with windows doors and heat. oh yes heat, in those cold Canadian winters . I have much to learn about the Luscombe , I'm also a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer .. A.m.e . Commercial rated pilot bla bla bla .
 #9700  by Stampe47
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 am
Replying to you question , yes we have many Luscombes in Canada . Many have migrated across the border for decades and I believe they were even sold in Canada .
 #9705  by Nige
 Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:54 pm
Rick,
Sorry for the delay in welcoming you to the site.
But welcome! There is a wealth of info on it and please use the search engine to find a topic you are researching.

Nige.
 #9706  by cpdavey2
 Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:24 am
Hi Rick,

How are you getting on with the Luscombe? I learned on the dear old Tiger Moth and much as I enjoyed open cockpit flying, there's a lot to be said for being out of the wind, and going half as fast again on two thirds of the power! Have you seen any Luscombes on floats in Canada? I can't recall seeing any south of the border, but I found a photo of a Luscombe on floats in Bermuda in a book a Bermudan friend found for me in a bookshop there. Not only on floats, but sporting RAF markings. I recall you have a few lakes up there in Ontario, I imagine it would be fun.

Cheers

Chris G-EITE
 #9707  by Keith Old
 Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:13 am
Ahh .. a couple of my favourite aircraft- Stampes and Luscombes
Many happy memories of flying Stampes with the Tiger Club through 80's . I am sure they are much more expensive to maintain than a Luscombe !
Luscombes - you can hand hold hands with your co -pilot ( sorry Dave too much information)...
 #9710  by Stampe47
 Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:55 am
Greeting from across the pond . Great to see a few reply's and sorry for not responding sooner .
I had an issue with my password , passwords don't like me. I have very thick black book of passwords now that are usually useless .
Some one asked about float operation , yes I know of a few Luscombes on floats . I live between lake Ontario and Lake Erie . I have a river running through my small town which is home to a few float planes , I often see a luscombe operating on the river .
The other question about the stampe, I have a life time of flying in vintage aircraft , mostly biplanes . I am finding the luscombe , fun and civilized to fly .