The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Luscombe training UK?

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9396  by HTB
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 pm
Hi,

Is there anyone in the UK providing training on a Luscombe? I know there are options for tail wheel conversions on other types but it would seem a good idea to do this in a Luscombe from the start, rather than having to do tailwheel and then differences training after. South East as a preference (I'm in Surrey).

Many ways to Slice the salami, but really just looking for an efficient solution that gets me hours on type from the off.....

Harry
 #9399  by Nige
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm
Pity you don't own a Luscombe or about to buy one Harry, or I could of been of help. BRUG is not available.
I don't think there is a Luscombe on the training list in the country. Clacton (Cub) do tailwheel conversions, Gloucester (Citabria?) also. Fenland? Thruxton (Citabria) also. Doncaster (C-140)
G-BSOX 8E, is now up for sale. Newish 0-200 but requires a lick of paint. New Permit. Owen Watts may have a Luscombe coming up? I can train you up on a Luscombe as I'm a CRI etc, and can sign you up. I have the odd hour or two on the Luscombe... :scratch: if you can find a generous owner willing to lend us his/her Luscombe... :wink: just some thoughts..

Nige.
 #9402  by HTB
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:31 pm
Thanks Nige. You never know who has a Luscombe tucked up his sleeve.... :lol:
 #9403  by Nige
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:37 pm
Indeed! :shock:
Nige.
 #9405  by AndyClarke
 Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:48 am
I was just trying to wade through the legislation, Nige. Is it correct that the previous requirement to be owner or part-owner of a non-EASA aircraft no longer applies for training? The ANO has no mention of it.
 #9406  by Nige
 Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 am
I believe so but will check Andy. It's been some time since I've converted a chap onto a Luscombe - around a year or so.. EASA, bless them, change the rules quite frequently! :shock: :scratch:
If the plane is on an EASA C of A then it is a different story but I believe it can still be done. Even more complicated if on an N reg!
You have to be the owner/part owner (a registration exercise and a few pennies!!) to be trained on a Luscombe if on a Permit. I believe we have around 2 on C of A's in this country.
Others who wish to provide input here regarding the legislation would be helpful also.

Nige.
 #9409  by AndyClarke
 Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 pm
There was ORS4 1153, which is now cancelled, saying that it's included in the ANO, but I can't find anything about ownership.