The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Flight planning and GAR

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9380  by agp
 Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:36 pm
As a rider to my previous post I thought I'd give a big thumbs up for Skydemon. Flight planning and GAR were a piece of cake. Last year returning from france I had great difficulty filing the GAR and Le Touquet only allow online flight planning. The options for the GAR were either to use the free AOPA service or a paid "government" one. The difficulties arose due to trying to do it on an ipad. This doesn't run the platform for the AOPA one (Silverlight I think), and the paid one required either Paypal or credit card payments. My Paypal account had lapsed and I don't put credit card details on a public internet service so finished up phoning the border force who let me email them my details. On Skydemon it takes seconds to do. End of rant.

Alan
AKUH
 #9386  by Nige
 Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:18 am
Very interesting Alan and thanks for the heads up.
I have both Skydemon and Navpro. Both very good tools for our flying.
I'm in the process of planning a trip or two into France (around the West coast, Quiberon etc) and looking to Skydemon being my able friend! I'll post my thoughts of a trip abroad in BRUG on the website soon. :)

Nige.
 #9391  by PeterB
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:23 pm
Go to Belle Isle. You won't regret it. I was there last year in G-AKUJ. A very warm welcome.
 #9398  by Nige
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 pm
I whole heartedly agree with Peter, a lovely place and I'm planning a trip back there again, along with Quiberon, in BRUG this Summer. :sunny: :cheers2: a few are welcome to join me?

Nige.