The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Le Touquet

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9379  by agp
 Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm
Hi all, as the forum seems a little lacking in activity I thought I'd post a picture of UH sitting on the apron at Le Touquet in solitary splendour (never seen that before) but don't know how to do it. Any help gratefully accepted.
I thought I'd have a mini break with settled weather on Monday and today but got it wrong somehow and had to creep back over the channel at low level but with the weather improving all the time after Dover it turned out well.

Alan
AKUH
 #9383  by HTB
 Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:45 pm

I tried more times than is healthy using the [img] code in the posting menu and eventually had success. Where the photos of your a/c are hosted will limit (or stop) the link working, so I had to look around. Flickr will not allow linking to photos directly, but the link I used above which is some different link to a subset of Flickr, does. There are details on how to do this under the technical link to the forum http://www.europeanluscombes.org.uk/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=438

If you have your own website where you can host and link to your photos on the forum, that will probably work best. Anyway, hopefully the photo of AH works (I can see it). Now tell me more about your a/c! Why have you gagged it?!

Harry
 #9384  by agp
 Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 am
I gagged it to prevent any loose talk about my dodgy landings

Actually it was to try to get my oil temperature up to a sensible figure. It was not very successful, giving me a few extra degrees but nowhere near enough to ensure I'm getting rid of the water from the oil. I have checked the readings with the sensor in hot water so I know they're right.

Alan
AKUH
 #9387  by Nige
 Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 am
Thanks chaps.
The "lack of activity" has certainly been prevalent for some time - few willing to organise a trip or gathering may be one of the reasons.
Although this site is somewhat dated it still provides a very important service for the Luscombe community and just about remains serviceable!
Facebook (or a txt/number bank here in the site?) seems to be the way to organise a group meet or to advertise a few or individuals attending an event/mini tour perhaps.
Have a look through the picture gallery archives and one can see it can be done! Alas only a few are willing to organise... :scratch: to be fair, present light aviation hasn't seen seen the boyancy of the old days. Costs? Rules/regulations/health and safety could be factors..

Nige.