The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• G'Day All

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9318  by JasonF
 Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:56 am
G'Day All,

My name is Jason Fouche, and I'm a huge fan of the Luscombe Silvaire. I sadly don't own one (Yet) but plan to someday buy; own and fly these lovely Aluminum ladies!

So I'm actually a South African living in Dunedin, New Zealand.... WHAT...? An Expat? Living in New Zealand? Tell Me More? (Quite a common occurrence in NZ :roll: )

Yup, I got tired of dodging Bullets in SA :fighting: and decided it was time for a change of pace and scenery. So new Zealand is slowly becoming our new home.
I work in the protective coatings industry, and sell paint into Industrial, Automotive, Marine and Aviation Industry.
I have a South African Private Pilots License, and have been involved in the SA aviation industry in the past as well. That's was were I was first exposed to the Lovely Luscombe aircraft and have loved the design ever since. I like the all metal design, and flying Stick & Rudder really appeals to me.

Hopefully I'll one day be able to fulfill my dream of becoming an owner and own an Aircraft as Pretty as Nige's little beauty.
 #9319  by klutz
 Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:24 pm
Good luck Jason, hope you find one soon. You won't be disappointed.
 #9320  by p3stoker
 Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:46 am
Look me up next time you're in Adelaide, South Australia, you can come and check out mine....
JJ
 #9322  by Nige
 Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 am
Jason,
My apologies for not replying earlier but glad to have you on board the Luscombe site. You're certainly a long way away! The power of the Internet plays a very important part within the Luscombe fraternity and please let us know how you get on with a Luscombe purchase in the future. I'm not sure if there are any Luscombes in NZ? If there are perhaps I missed that one or there maybe more than one there? You have a strong Warbirds community of course..
Are you likely to appear in the UK at anytime? I'm going to put together a Luscombe meet next Summer. Don't know where but it may be SYWELL as it's central and ticks most of the boxes.
All the best Jason.

Nige Barratt.