The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Blakesburg

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9307  by 02B
 Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:59 am
Just returned from Blakesburg to my home airport in Denver yesterday. 14.3 hours logged and a great trip overall (other than the headwinds both ways). There were 25 Luscombe 8's on the field in addition to the Luscombe 10 and a Phantom. Have lots of pictures but hard to post with the size limitations.
 #9310  by Nige
 Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:14 am
It did indeed Steve!
Fabulous stuff and thanks to all for making that happen! I seem to recall our heady days of 20 odd Luscombes.... :wink: happy days..

Nige.
 #9317  by Robert Lees
 Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 pm
I went to the 2015 Blakesburg AAA fly-in and I found some beautiful aeroplanes that flew in there.

I also found some of the most dreadful airfield management that I have ever seen in the USA. Corruption? It's the norm there. Aircraft are donated to the AAA and then used & abused by the owners until they are scrap. The hangars are full of bird shit-covered relics, which the Taylor family call a "museum". If only the donors knew!

I was charged $175 for no facilities whatsoever, as a fly-in guest.

I won't be rushing back.

Rob

p.s. I joined the MAAC and went to Grassroots in Sept 2016, and despite a smaller turnout (due wx), it was so much better and more welcoming! (different airfield).