The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• OK I'm a Cessna man...

• Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions
Miscellaneous Luscombe Discussions

Moderator: HTB

#9270  by rightrudder
 Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:41 pm
I know this forum used to have a section for vintage Cessnas, so I'm hoping the benevolence will extend to me asking a question !

I am the owner of vintage 1947 Cessna 120 G-AJJS, which, in its ‘past life’ flew in Trinidad and Tobago and also British Guyana, in both countries before Independence from Great Britain. As such, at this time the civil registration authority would, presumably, have been the Air Registration Board (ARB), with responsibilities for Colonial and Sovereign territories.

does anyone have any experience of trying to track down aircraft registration, previous owner, maintenance record details etc.. for these countries between the late 1950s and late 1970s ?

Bit of a long shot, but I'm trying everything I can to trace the past life of my cherished 120 !

thanks
Graham
 #9286  by Nige
 Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:08 am
Hello Graham, no probs in using our site to help you out any time. Hope you get an answer here, an unusual question and has me a little baffled also! :scratch:

Nige Barratt.
 #9292  by rightrudder
 Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:51 am
Thanks Nige,

I keep thinking I'm getting somewhere, with FB posts from folks that can remember seeing or flying it in Guyana and Trinidad, but, so far, nothing 'concrete' and no pictures from that time either...

I live in hope !

Cheers
Graham
G-AJJS