The UK hub for Luscombe Aircraft across Europe 

• Pilot X - Glasses Needed

• Anonymous Pilot stories
Anonymous Pilot stories

Moderator: HTB

#5621  by Bwanaflash
 Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:06 am
Pilot X had been following the Amelia Earhart method for passing the eye test part of the annual visit to said AME which is memorise the letter chart before being asked to cover one eye and read out, Pilot X was caught out when AME asked pilot to read letters from prod bar that is placed on nose and requested to call out when words become blurred, Pilot X merrily calls out "just gone fuzzy" with nose growing longer by the second only to be asked "well, read it out now"!!!!!

Pilot X now accepts reading glasses are needed to read chart when flying but still struggles on without, Pilot X dare not change frequency on the radio while in flight as he cannot see the display clearly! Pilot X often now rams glasses on during flight dislodging headset and has short eureka moment when all becomes clear!

Conclusion - Pilot X needs therapy for the move as to how one solves the problem of aged eyes!!

You can enter your 'Pilot X' story anonymously here - http://www.europeanluscombes.org.uk/pilotx You do not have to be logged in.
 #5624  by Nige
 Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 am
I know the feeling! I voluntarily went down the glasses route a couple of years ago. Now I've just turned 50, I await to find what else falls off or packs up! :(

Right, just off to buy a sports car, in which I can visit Spearmint Rhino 'poll dancing club' with a couple Latvian birds under each arm each wearing micro skirts! 8-)

Mid life crisis me? Nah...

Nige.
 #5627  by John B
 Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:39 am
I think that's normal behavior for some people Nige not mid life crisis stuff really for them! :wink:
Last edited by John B on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #5633  by Nige
 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 am
I'm not falling into that trap John! :wink:

Nige.